Tips to Keep Your Pet Safe
November 11, 2022
Even the goodest boys and girls can be overly curious, which can sometimes get them into trouble or even worse, a dreaded trip to the vet! Some pets may be more interested in eating your plants and flowers than others but to be safe, you should make sure you know which ones are toxic to your fur baby.
- Lilies - highly toxic to cats
- Chrysanthemum - can cause gastrointestinal upset
- Hydrangea - symptoms are typically mild depending on the dose
- Baby's Breath - can cause gastrointestinal upset in dogs
- Daffodils - cause severe vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain
- Tulip Bulbs - if the bulb is ingested it can cause gastrointestinal upset and depression
- Kalanchoe - can cause gastrointestinal upset and serious changes in cardiac rhythm and rate
- Peace Lily - can cause oral irritation, vomiting, and difficulty swallowing
- Pothos - can cause oral and gastrointestinal irritation
- Schefflera - can cause oral irritation, vomiting, and difficulty swallowing
Note: this is not an extensive list, please see the links below for more information
At Beautiful Bouquet Florist, we are happy to make an arrangement with the safety of your dog or cat in mind. Just let us know when placing your order and we will find substitutes for your four-legged family member.
For more information and a complete list of all plants and flowers that are poisonous to pets please visit this ASPCA website or the Pet Poison Helpline. If you are worried that your pet may have already ingested something, please contact your vet or nearest emergency vet immediately.